Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Library Graffiti

In the UD library there are rows of walled-in desks for studying. Gracing the walls of many of these is a variety of graffiti, ranging from your typical bathroom stall crudities to "JMJ" to a half-finished sketch of Einstein (at least, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be Einstein...hard to tell without the hair). I'm sitting in one of these right now, and in front of me is a small graffiti war of a sort that you wouldn't be likely to see outside of a place like UD. I found it pretty amusing and thought I'd share it here for kicks, particularly since it quotes one of my favorite poems.

Red marker: I feel Infinite
Scratched into the wood below that: Infinite beings have better things to do than library graffiti
Fine-tip Sharpie below that: Nay, they have nothing but time.
Ballpoint pen at the bottom: There will be time, there will be time
                                                       To prepare a face to meet the faces that you meet*




*Ten points if you can name the poem this is from!

No comments:

Post a Comment